Are you contemplating a profession in social media? Figuring out the typical social media supervisor wage may help you identify if that is the suitable job for you.
Social entrepreneurs are extremely wanted in at this time’s digital age, and social media advertising and marketing salaries fluctuate relying on expertise, location, and business.
On this article, we’ll discover common salaries for social media managers worldwide to provide you an concept of what you must cost in your work.
Bonus: Customise our free, professionally designed resume templates to land your dream social media job at this time. Obtain them now.
How a lot do social media managers make in 2023? Because the business continues to be comparatively new, salaries for social media professionals have but to be standardized.
In some corporations, social media entrepreneurs are handled like interns. In others, they’re important members of the C-Suite.
Basically, although, in keeping with PayScale and Glassdoor, social media supervisor salaries common round $50K per 12 months. Right here’s a fast breakdown of social media administration salaries in Canada, the USA, Europe, and the UK.
Information from Glassdoor finds the typical wage for a social media supervisor is $53,759 per 12 months in Canada.
Payscale reveals the typical social media supervisor’s wage is round $48,946 yearly in Canada.
On the excessive finish, some roles boast as much as $85,500 per 12 months on Glassdoor and $64,000 on Payscale. A few of these roles embrace money bonuses of $9,000-$11,00. On the low finish, social media supervisor salaries sit round $42,000 per 12 months on Glassdoor and Payscale, respectively.
Payscale additionally finds that social media advertising and marketing supervisor salaries in Canada are greater in massive cities like Toronto, Montreal, and Calgary. Surprisingly, social media managers in Vancouver earn round 3% lower than the nationwide common.
In accordance with Glassdoor, the typical social media supervisor wage in the USA is $57,852 per 12 months.
Payscale discovered an identical common for social media managers within the US, at round $54,755 yearly.
Whereas Glassdoor discovered some roles can see as much as $85,473 USD per 12 months, there are additionally roles paying as little as $23 per hour.
By way of location, Payscale discovered that roles in social media supervisor salaries in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, and San Francisco are greater–with San Francisco providing salaries as much as 51% greater than different components of the nation.
European information on the wage of a social media supervisor is a bit more durable to pin down, as currencies and payscales fluctuate extensively. Right here’s what we did discover:
- Information from SalaryExpert reveals that the typical social media wage in the Netherlands is €74,127 yearly.
- In Germany, you possibly can count on to earn a mean wage of €35,705 yearly (in keeping with Payscale.)
- Glassdoor finds that in France, you earn a mean of €39,039 yearly.
- In Spain, you make round €30,528, in keeping with Glassdoor.
- Italian social media managers make an common wage of €47,303, Glassdoor finds.
- Payscale reveals that in Poland, you make round 84,000zł per 12 months.
- Glassdoor reveals social media managers in Switzerland make an common wage of CHF 99,366 per 12 months.
How a lot does a social media supervisor make within the UK?
Effectively, in keeping with Glassdoor, social media supervisor salaries in the UK (UK) common round £37,429 per 12 months and may attain as excessive as £60,000 per 12 months.
Payscale finds the typical UK social media supervisor wage sits round £25,922 per 12 months and goes as excessive as £40,000.
By location, social media advertising and marketing supervisor salaries are highest in London and decrease in locations like Brighton and Manchester.
Expertise issues on this planet of social media advertising and marketing. Right here’s how a lot expertise you’ll have to make massive bucks in several components of the world.
In accordance with Payscale, Canadian social media managers can count on the next salaries based mostly on years of expertise:
- Entry-level social media managers with lower than 1 12 months of expertise earn round $42,088 CAD.
- Social media managers with 1-4 years of expertise earn a mean of $46,286 CAD.
- Social media managers with 5-9 years of expertise earn a mean of $54,674 CAD
- Social media managers with 10-19 years of expertise earn a mean of $63,808 CAD.
Information from Payscale breaks American salaries down additional based mostly on expertise:
- Entry-level social media managers with lower than 1 12 months of expertise earn round $41,860 USD.
- Social media managers with 1-4 years of expertise earn a mean of $51,142 USD.
- Social media managers with 5-9 years of expertise earn a mean of $64,321 USD.
- Social media managers with 10-19 years of expertise earn a mean of $73,808 USD.
Right here’s what stage of expertise Payscale discovered European social media professionals have to earn greater salaries:
- Social media managers within the Netherlands with 1 12 months of expertise make round €36,885, whereas these with 5-9 years of expertise can earn €42,000.
- Entry-level German social media managers make round €28,000 yearly, whereas a social media supervisor with 5-9 years of expertise earns a mean of €39,628.
- Spanish social media managers with 1-4 years of expertise earn round €22,993. Whereas these with 5-9 years of expertise earn nearer to €28,000.
- In Italy, social media managers with 1-4 years of expertise earn round €18,020, whereas 5-9 years will get you to €23,000.
Information for Switzerland, France, and Poland is much less available. That stated, we did discover that:
Usually, you possibly can count on to make extra as a social media skilled the longer you keep within the discipline. Social media specialist salaries additionally are usually greater, so don’t be afraid to area of interest down.
Within the UK, social media professionals stand to make simply £15,702 extra with as much as 19 years of expertise. In accordance with Payscale:
- Entry-level social media managers with lower than 1 12 months of expertise earn round £20,852.
- Social media managers with 1-4 years of expertise earn a mean of £25,301.
- Social media managers with 5-9 years of expertise earn a mean of £32,759.
- Social media managers with 10-19 years of expertise earn a mean of £36,554.
In accordance with a survey performed by Rachel Karten, the previous Affiliate Director of Social Media at Bon Appetit, the highest-paying industries for social media professionals are:
Rachel notes that these industries are usually massive organizations, which suggests they’ve room for larger groups, development alternatives, and bigger salaries.
She additionally notes that the #1 hottest business within the survey was “Company,” making up 18% of the pattern.
Supply: Rachel Karten
Freelance social media supervisor salaries might look barely completely different than those at bigger organizations. Social entrepreneurs who tackle purchasers as freelancers normally cost an hourly fee.
Right here’s what freelance social media managers are charging at this time:
Take into account common hourly charges for social entrepreneurs fluctuate relying on the sorts of providers provided, the frequency and length of tasks, and the dimensions of purchasers. Social media professionals who’ve a portfolio of huge company purchasers might command greater salaries than these working with smaller companies which might be simply getting began.
Particular person feedback from Quora discover that:
- Entry-level freelance social media managers can cost anyplace from $20-$50 per hour.
- Mid-level freelancers can cost 50-$100 per hour.
- Senior freelancers might cost $100-$150 per hour and above.
Whether or not you’re an affiliate or senior social media supervisor, wage negotiations ought to at all times be finished with the understanding that you’re offering beneficial providers to a enterprise. Your wage ought to replicate your expertise and experience.
Listed here are some suggestions for getting the wage you deserve.
It’s at all times a good suggestion to analysis wage ranges within the business of a job you’re making use of for. Discover out what an affiliate social media supervisor wage, or perhaps a Sr. social media supervisor wage appears to be like like. This may aid you decide what wage vary to ask for throughout wage negotiations.
When you perceive your worth out there, go into wage negotiations with confidence. You probably have finished your analysis, you must be capable to determine a wage vary that displays the worth of your work. Be ready to elucidate why you deserve every determine you present, and don’t be afraid to ask for extra if acceptable.
A social media portfolio is an effective way to showcase your work and spotlight your abilities. Take the time to construct a portfolio that displays the standard of your work, and use it to reveal how one can assist an organization attain its social media objectives.
Social media strikes quick, and the very best social entrepreneurs are at all times on high of the newest traits. Make sure that to keep updated on all the newest information and developments on this planet of social media, and be ready to debate how you should use that information in your work.
For those who actually need to stand out, take into account placing collectively a mock social media advertising and marketing plan for the corporate you’re interviewing with. This doesn’t have to be a protracted, in-depth plan; even one thing temporary and focused to the corporate’s wants can present that you simply perceive how social media works and the way your explicit abilities can profit them.
It’s additionally essential to be versatile when negotiating wage. You might not get precisely what you’re asking for, particularly if you’re simply beginning in a social media advertising and marketing position. Make sure you take into account wage ranges outdoors of your preliminary request, and don’t be afraid to compromise when obligatory.
Save time managing your social media presence with Hootsuite. From a single dashboard, you possibly can publish and schedule posts, discover related conversions, interact the viewers, measure outcomes, and extra. Strive it free at this time.
Do it higher with Hootsuite, the all-in-one social media instrument. Keep up to the mark, develop, and beat the competitors.