Creating backups of your weblog is like ingesting water. You realize you must do it at common intervals, however typically occasions different actions get within the center and also you simply overlook about it.
The doable penalties of not backing up your weblog, nevertheless, are way more severe than lacking the middle-morning water glass. Ought to your server crash for some purpose, or your websibe get hacked, you’ll lose precious information.
Personally, I attempt to backup all my web sites weekly (however I’m lazy, so when you’ve got time you’ll be able to even do it each day!). Beneath you’ll discover a fast guidelines for backing up your weblog.
- Use an FTP consumer to obtain all the positioning information (the WordPress folder)
- Log into phpMyAdmin and choose your WordPress database
- Click on on “Export” and be sure that all of the WordPress tables are there
- On the “Construction” part tick “Add Drop Tables,” “Add AUTO_INCREMENT,” and “Enclose desk and subject names with backquotes”
- On the “Information” part go away all of the packing containers unticked
- Tick “Save as file” and obtain the database (you should use compression in case your database is huge)
Should you don’t have entry to phpMyAdmin, you should use the WordPress Database Backup plugin.
Leave a Reply